Let your words be few, and your exposures many.

About Me

sixty two years old, married FORTY years to high school sweetheart, three great kids, one great daughter-in-law, two great son-in-laws and a grand"MA" to seven grandsons Slate, Jack, Ledger, Peyton, Will, Knox, Mason, and one grand-daughter Evan Kate. How blessed am I!!!

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hummingbirds

Have you ever tried to take a picture of one of these little things - well I spent more minutes than I would like to admit trying! They are interesting creatures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mary Burleson said...

Rachel, You are the most professional amateur photographer I know. These are great, great pictures. Is the feeder in your backyard? And, how did you get so close? Excellent pictures. One final question: How many total pictures did you take? Just wondering. MB

rachelfraim said...

Thanks, Mary B.! Yes, the feeder is in our backyard, right outside of our kitchen window. For some of the pictures, I sat on one of our kitchen chairs (turned backwards) and put it right up to our window and shot thru the window. I had to be really still or the birds (yes, we actually had three different hummingbirds, but one would fight the other two off most of the time) would not stop and feed. Sometimes, I would go and sit on the patio and get in position and just "freeze" until they would come. I could actually get a little closer. (No telling how long I would just sit there and wait) - then I would tell myself, "okay, that's it, enough pics" and MAKE myself go inside. I just really enjoy watching them thru the camera lense. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many pictures I have taken over the summer - I bet I have 50 pics that I SAVED - and probably deleted that many if not more, (a lot more) :o